8 Week World of Wine Course (Oxford)
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
The 8 week World of Wine Course in Oxford is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience, the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
No problem. Pick up the missed session on the next World of Wine Course; all we ask is that you give us 5 working days notice if you can't make an evening. We will give you a credit you can use for any of our wine courses or wine tastings. Courses run typically 2 or 3 times a year.
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce.
- You will have been taught to assess & taste wine like a true professional and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine).
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting approx 50 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods.
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary & met some new friends
Course Dates (all Thursdays):
- 3rd Oct - Tasting skills, aroma tests, major grape varieties (note: it is not a requirement to attend this session first - if you happen to be away and can't attend the content is re-capped in other sessions and it won't spoil your enjoyment to catch it again later or even do it last!)
- 10th Oct - France - Bordeaux, Burgundy, the Loire and the Rhone
- 17th Oct - Europe I - Alsace, Germany & Austria
- 24th Oct - Europe II - Italy, Spain & Portugal
- [break for Half Term]
- 7th Nov - New World I - Australia & New Zealand
- 14th Nov- New World II - Chile & Argentina
- 21st Nov - New World III - USA & South Africa
- 28th Nov - Champagne and Sparkling Wines from around the world, incl UK
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some food are all provided. Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing 9pm.
COURSE FEE STRUCTURE
The course costs £185; to spread the costs, we ask now for a deposit of £105 PLUS £10 per evening payable on the night (the total charge per evening is therefore just over £23, representing a total saving of 12.5% off the price of the eight evenings booked separately - like having one night free)! If you would like to pay the £185 in one go, please buy an "Ultimate" gift voucher and email us immediately that you would like to join this course.
Buying a deposit place for someone else? Let us know when you book and we can send you a Gift Voucher. If you would like to gift the entire course fee (£185), please buy an "Ultimate" gift voucher and email us immediately with the name of the person who would like to join the course.
Places remaining: 9
Course Date/Time: Thu 3rd Oct 2019 at 7.00pm
Duration: 2 hours for 8 weeks
Venue: Oxford English Centre, 66 Banbury Rd, Oxford OX2 6PR