Introduction to Wine Course with Lunch & Champagne (Oxford)
Taking place at ARBEQUINA, renowned for its delicious tapas, come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey tasting at least 13 wines from around the world. No previous experience necessary! Kicking off with Champagne, watch us open the bottle by 'sabrage' (using a sabre)!
This Saturday course is held in the function room upstairs at Arbequina, 74 Cowley Road.
Half way through the day we take a break from the hard work of wine tasting to enjoy a freshly-prepared two course, savoury tapas lunch, finishing with custard tarts and coffee or tea.
Since opening at the end of 2016, Arbequina has become THE restaurant to come to in Oxford for Tapas - to see what we will be enjoying for lunch, click here.
OUTLINE of the day
• Introduction to the World’s major wine regions
• New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) and Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
• How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
• Improve your senses! – with Nez du Vin
**Two-course lunch & Champagne included in the price**
• How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
• Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
• Tutored Tasting of 13 wines
• The effect of climate on the taste of wine
• Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
• Food & Wine Matching tips & advice
All our Wine Tasting days can be purchased as a Gift - just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher when you book.
Places remaining: 16
Course Date/Time: Sat 28th Sep 2019 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Arbequina, 74 Cowley Rd, Oxford OX4 1JB