Prosecco Tasting with Neil Phillips, The Wine Tipster
Calling all Prosecco fans!
There's more to Prosecco than meets the eye and this is a fantastic opportunity to delve beneath the fizz and learn more about this delightful celebratory drink.
This evening will be presented by special guest speaker Neil Phillips, "The Wine Tipster", a member of the Prosecco DOC consortium. Learn about the history of Prosecco, the wine-producing regions of Veneto and Friuli-Venezia Giulia, and the terroir and winemaking techniques. You will be treated to several high quality wines from 8 different Prosecco DOC producers that demonstrate why Prosecco is a wine to be taken seriously:
- Masottina Prosecco DOC Brut - award-winning Decanter Gold Medal 95 points.
- Villa Sandi - overall winning producer at The World’s Finest Glass of Bubbly Awards.
- Alberto Nani’s Organic Prosecco, a growing trend.
- Millage - part of La Marca, one of the most important cooperatives.
- Astoria - one of the most forward thinking and dynamic Prosecco producers.
- Family businesses including Antonio Facchin, who Neil visited during the 2018 harvest, and Castello di Roncade, based in the picturesque province of Treviso.
- Viticoltori Ponte, founded in 1948, which makes wine on behalf of 1,200 wine making families
Neil will also be discussing vegan Proseccos, organic Proseccos, colfondo bottle fermented Prosecco and the differences between brut, extra dry and dry.
This tasting is a must for Prosecco fans as well as those who want to better understand (and taste!) this famous fizz. This tasting also makes a great gift for any Prosecco lover.
Places remaining: 7
Course Date/Time: Fri 10th May 2019 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Oxford English Centre, 66 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6PR