Spanish Wine and Tapas (Oxford)
[This event is now full - new date Friday 26th April - see below] An exciting, informative and fun evening of Spanish wines and tapas. We'll be tasting a range of wines from some of Spain's best known and up-and-coming wine regions and two sherries from Andalucia. Each wine will be accompanied by a different tapas chosen to complement it. These will range from simple olives and nuts to Spanish manchego cheeses and jamon to ice cream drizzled with sweet PX sherry.
If you're looking for an enjoyable Spanish evening out with friends then this tasting will fit the bill perfectly.
Typical wines and tapas on the evening:
- Vintage Cava with Spanish omelette
- Fino or Manzanilla sherry with assorted olives, pickles and peppers
- White Albarino from Rias Baixas with red peppers stuffed with tuna
- Red Priorat or Ribera del Duero with manchego cheese and jamon
- Red Rioja with chorizo on bread
- Sweet PX sherry with ice cream
Who is this evening for?
- Interested in Spanish wines and want to learn more about them
- Time to re-evaluate sherry - the trendy drink of the moment
- Anyone who enjoys Spanish cheeses, jamon and other tapas food
The Spanish Wine & Tapas Tasting also makes a great gift idea for any occasion!
All tastings include: 6 wines sourced locally so you can find them easily if you like them, PowerPoint presentation, full tasting notes, use of professional ISO tastings glasses AS WELL AS A FABULOUS SELECTION OF TAPAS!
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Fri 5th Apr 2019 at 7pm to 9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Oxford English Centre, 66 Banbury Rd, Oxford OX2 6PR