World of Wine: Intro to wine tasting (Oxf)
If you'd like to get a taste of what we offer at Oxford Chelt Wine School, join us for an insight at the wonderfully diverse and quirky world of wine. We will taste at least six wines and provide many pointers to enhance your appreciation of wine. (Note, this evening is part of our core 8-week course - book all 8 evenings and save 15%! And it's flexible, so if you have to skip an evening you can pick it up next time it runs).
By the end of the evening you will have learned:
- How to taste wine like a professional
- How to identify aromas and flavours in wine
- About the influence of climate and weather on wine
- What influence oak and other wine-making techniques have on the wine in your glass
- Some principles of food and wine matching
- How to choose wine with more confidence: we discuss how to interpret wine labels
All tastings include: minimum of 6 wines sourced locally so you can find them easily if you like them, full tasting notes, use of professional tastings glasses and nibbles.
We will we taste 6 excellent wines from France and the New World from countries such as New Zealand and America. This course is perfect for people who are new to wine tasting and just want to learn more in a relaxed environment.
This evening makes a great present and can be bought as a Gift Voucher for just £25.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Tue 26th Feb 2019 at 7pm to 9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Oxford English Centre, 66 Banbury Rd, Oxford OX2 6PR