WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
This in-depth and intensive course is the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 3 Award in Wines and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who already have a good working understanding of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available, but who need to refine and develop their knowledge. The course is also increasingly popular amongst those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine and wish to study this fascinating subject to a very high level of theoretical knowledge and tasting skill under the guidence of a professional wine tutor.
A crucial distinction between Level 3 and the lower levels of WSET Awards is the analytical tasting component to the exam. You will have to learn, and then demonstrate, the ability to critically assess the flavours in wine and be able to account for them using your knowledge of the key wines of the world.
WSET Level 3 Award in Wineshas full accreditation from OfQual as part of the UK Government’s Qualifications & Credits Framework as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
Please Note: the deadline for booking your place on this course is Friday 1st February to ensure all students receive their study materials in advance of the start of the course, with time to familiarise themselves with the course specification. Anyone wishing to book any later than this deadline should contact the Wine School before booking to ensure that provision can be made.
- Our WSET Level 3 Award in Wines is run over 6 alternate Sunday* sessions (running from 10am-5pm) on 10th & 24th Feb; 10th & 24th March; 7th & 14th April (*please note: there is only one week between the final tuition day - 7th April - and the revision and exam day on the 14th April).
- In addition to the 36 hours of tutored tasting and lecture time, it is recommended that all students complete a total of at least 55 hours of private study; around 8 hours preparation before each Sunday session is advised.
- A full layout of the course timetable and tasting plan will be issued at the start of the course to help you plan your time.
Course Starts: Sunday 10th February 2019
Course Finishes: Sunday 14th April 2019. The final Sunday includes a comprehensive feedback session on mock exams which you will have had have sat over the course and an opportunity to revisit and revise areas of the syllabus. The final day also includes the exam itself, which runs over approximately 2.5 hours.
What's included in the Course Fee?
• All WSET course materials including 'Understanding wines: Explaining Style and Quality' course manual (comprehensive 200 page textbook), Study Guide, Specification Booklet and Full SAT Tasting Card
• All tasting wine (approx 70-80 wines)
• All course handouts, including a copy of study timetable/planner
• All course tuition
• 2 Mock Tasting Exams and 1 Mock Written Exam, each with full, individually tutored feedback plus an optional Mock Multiple Choice to sit in your own time
• Examination Paper
• Official Certificate and pin for all those who pass
Study Materials: Your full study pack will be posted to you 1-2 weeks before the start of the course. For this reason, the deadline for booking your place on the course is Friday 1st February 2019. Anyone wishing to book after this deadline should call the Wine School in the first instance to see if provision can be made.
Special Educational Needs: please make the School aware if you have a condition which may mean that you will qualify for additional help during the exam such as dyslexia.
Places remaining: 4
Course Date/Time: Sun 10th Feb 2019 at 10am - 5pm
Duration: 6 alternate Sundays
Venue: Wig & Pen, 9-13 George Street, Oxford OX1 2AU