Intro to Wine, Lunch & Champagne (Oxford)
INCLUDES SABRAGE DEMONSTRATION! 11am to 4pm, with 2 course lunch & Champagne.
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey tasting at least 13 wines from around the world. No previous experience necessary! Beginning with Champagne, watch us open the bottle by 'sabrage' (using a sabre)!
This Saturday course is held at The Anchor, Oxford. Half way through the day we take a break from the hard work of wine tasting to enjoy a delicious lunch.
OUTLINE of the day
• Introduction to the World’s major wine regions
• New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) and Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
• Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Tempranillo & others
• Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others
• How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
• Improve your senses! – with Nez du Vin
**Two-course lunch & Champagne included in the price**
• How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
• Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
• Tutored Tasting of 13 wines
• The effect of climate on the taste of wine
• Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
• Food & Wine Matching tips & advice
All our Wine Tasting days can be purchased as a Gift - just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher when you book.
Places remaining: 2
Course Date/Time: Sat 30th Mar 2019 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: The Anchor, 2 Hayfield Rd, Oxford OX2 6TT (Green Room)