Fine Port & Cheese Evening (Cheltenham)
A dream night for all Port lovers out there! A tasting devoted to this wintery warmer with some wonderful cheeses sourced from artisan cheese makers. A perfect evening in our eyes!
The emphasis of our tasting will be on exploring a wide range of different cheeses and matching them to the ports; we will try the classic combinations of salty blues and mature cheddars, and also show how other cheeses can work wonderfully with the right wine. Many people enjoy a tipple of ruby or LBV Port in the winter, but we want you to taste the full range of flavours that this quintessentially British drink has to offer. We will enjoy:
- a crisp and dry White Port
- a soft and smooth Late Bottle Vintage Port
- a nutty and caramel-like Aged Tawny Port
- a Single Quinta Vintage Port - a rare treat from a single vineyard site
- a Vintage Port - fully mature, beautifully aged and complex
- and finally a New World Port look-a-like to see how they compare!
Alongside some beautiful cheeses there will be grapes and nuts to see how other foods can work beautifully with this versatile drink.
Many of the Ports are hard to find outside of specialist wine merchants and often exceptionally expensive, so if you would like the chance to taste them all side by side then book quickly!
Places are strictly limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment!
Places remaining: 4
Course Date/Time: Fri 8th Dec 2017 at 7pm - 9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Wyastone Townhouse, Parabola Road, Cheltenham GL50 3AJ