Intro to wine, lunch and Champagne (Oxford)
INCLUDES SABRAGE DEMONSTRATION! 11am to 4pm, with 2 course lunch & Champagne.
Come and enjoy a friendly, informal and fun wine journey tasting at least 13 wines from around the world. No previous experience necessary! Beginning with Champagne, watch us open the bottle by 'sabrage' (using a sabre)!
Our Saturday courses are held in the beautiful surrounds of St Peter’s college, where we have exclusive use of the Dorfman Centre and Senior Common Room for lunch. Half way through the day we take a break from the hard work of wine tasting to enjoy a delicious lunch.
OUTLINE of the day
• Introduction to the World’s major wine regions
• New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) and Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
• Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Tempranillo & others
• Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others
• How wine is made - grapes, fermentation and ageing
• Improve your senses! – with Nez du Vin
**Two-course lunch & Champagne included in the price**
• How to taste wines like a professional – aroma, flavours, describing wines
• Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
• Tutored Tasting of 13 wines
• The effect of climate on the taste of wine
• Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing & serving wine, understanding wine labels
• Food & Wine Matching tips & advice
All our Wine Tasting days can be purchased as a Gift - just ask us to send you a Gift Voucher when you book.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 9th Jun 2018 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: St Peter's College, New Inn Hall Street, Oxford OX1 2DL