8 Week World of Wine Course (Cheltenham)
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
The 8 week World of Wine Course at the Wyastone Townhouse in central Cheltenham is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience, the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
No problem - Pick up the missed session on the next World of Wine Course, or get a credit you can use for any of our wine courses or wine tastings. Courses run throughout the year - more dates announced soon.
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce.
- You will have been taught to assess & taste wine like a true professional and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine).
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting approx 50 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods.
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary & met some new friends
Course Outline week by week (all Tuesdays):
5th Sept - Introduction to Wine tasting (note it is not a requirement to attend this session first - if you happen to be away and can't attend the content is re-capped in other sessions and it won't spoil your enjoyment to catch it again later or even do it last!)
12th Sept - France - Bordeaux, Burgundy, the Loire & the Rhone
19th Sept - Europe I - Alsace, Germany & Austria
26th Sept- Europe II - Italy, Spain & Portugal
3rd Oct - New World I - Australia & New Zealand
10th Oct - New World II - Chile & Argentina
17th Oct - New World III - USA & South Africa
24th Oct - Champagne and Sparkling Wines from around the world, incl the UK!
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some food are all provided. Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing 9pm.
COURSE FEE STRUCTURE
The course costs £195; to spread the costs, we ask for a deposit of £115 PLUS £10 per evening payable on the night (the total charge per evening is therefore £24.50, representing a total saving of 12.5% off the price of the eight evenings booked separately - like having one night free)! If you would like to pay the £195 in one go, please buy an "Ultimate" gift voucher and email us immediately that you would like to join this course.
Buying a place for someone else? Let us know when you book and we can send you a Gift Voucher.
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Tue 5th Sep 2017 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Wyastone Townhouse, Parabola Road, GL50 3AJ