8 Week Intro to World of Wine (Chelt)
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
The 8 week World of Wine Course at the Wyastone Townhouse in central Cheltenham is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience, the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
No problem - Pick up the missed session on the next World of Wine Course, or get a credit you can use for any of our wine courses or wine tastings. Courses run throughout the year - more dates announced soon.
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce.
- You will have been taught to assess & taste wine like a true professional and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine).
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting approx 50 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods.
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary & met some new friends
Course Outline week by week (all Wednesdays):
- 13th Jan - Introduction to Wine tasting (note it is not a requirement to attend this session first - if you happen to be away and can't attend the content is re-capped in other sessions and it won't spoil your enjoyment to catch it again later or even do it last!)
- 20th Jan - France - Bordeaux, Burgundy, the Loire & the Rhone
- 27th Jan - Europe I - Alsace, Germany & Austria
- 3rd Feb - Europe II - Italy, Spain & Portugal
- 10th Feb - New World I - Australia & New Zealand
- 17th Feb - New World II - Chile & Argentina
- 24th Feb - New World III - USA & South Africa
- 2nd Mar - Champagne and Sparkling Wines from around the world, incl the UK!
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some food are all provided. Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing 9pm.
COURSE FEE STRUCTURE & DATES
Please note: the £95 course fee excludes the cost of wine and materials, which is priced at £10 per evening payable on the night. The total charge per evening is therefore just under £22, representing a total saving of 15% off the price of the eight evenings booked separately (like having more than one night free)! If you would like to buy a place on this course for someone else, let us know and we can send you a Gift Voucher.
Places remaining: 2
Course Date/Time: Wed 13th Jan 2016 at 7.00 pm
Duration: 2 hours for 8 weeks
Venue: Wyastone Townhouse, Parabola Road, GL50 3BG