4 Week Courses £60+
These four week courses in Oxford and Cheltenham allow us to get more up close and personal with the wines we taste and regions we visit. This gives us a chance to take a closer look at a particular wine region, exploring why its styles have developed the way they have. Or we may compare 2 different areas (e.g. France versus New World) so we can appreciate, compare and contrast different styles of wine.
These courses are suitable for all levels of wine knowledge, even the absolute beginner. Always friendly and informal, and a great way of meeting like-minded wine lovers!
Please Note: There is an additional charge (in addition to the course deposit of £60 or £70) of £10 per evening. This does NOT apply to the Beginner's Course, which has an all-inclusive fee of £105.
One of our 4-Week Wine Courses also makes a great Gift idea for any occasion!
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS AN EVENING?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subsequent course, so long as you give us at least 5 working days notice. We will give you a credit for any of our courses and tastings.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste at least 6 wines per evening
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £5 to over c£20
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, Semillon, Chenin Blanc & many others
- Comprehensive tasting notes to take away
- Small selection of nibbles to complement the wine
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the four evenings you will have gained a good understanding of major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.