WSET Level 3 £675
The WSET courses provide internationally-recognised qualifications for Wine Industry professionals and enthusiastic amateurs. The Level 3 Award in Wines is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain in-depth knowledge of wine and build upon the knowledge gained at Level 2. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting and your blind tasting skills will form part of the examination.
Why book a WSET Level 3 course with Oxford Chelt Wine School?
• all courses run by Michael Palij MW and head tutor Nick Gay DiplWSET. Michael is a Master of Wine, the top qualification in the world of wine held by only 382 people; he specialises in Italian wines and has over 20 years’ experience teaching WSET courses at all levels (his Oxford-based consultancy, WineMatters, offers the WSET Diploma programme). Nick holds the WSET Diploma and has many years’ experience teaching WSET courses at Levels 1 to 3.
• course numbers are restricted to 12 to give you more individual attention
• Mock tasting exam offered within the tuition days, fully marked and with individual feedback
• assistance offered to students when needed outside the classroom
• we don't sell wine - we are professional wine educators, not retailers
This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification. It provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4. If you are an employer wishing to train your staff, this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
Important Entry Information: we recommend this course to those who have already completed the WSET Level 2 Wines and Spirits course, as this syllabus assumes that candidates already possess a good basic understanding of simple wine making techniques, key grape varieties and viticultural practices. However, holding WSET Level 2 is not a requirement to enrol on this course - for anyone who wishes to enter the WSET programme at Level 3 without prior study, we strongly advise them to review the course specification on the WSET website by Clicking Here. Please also feel free to contact us at email@example.com to discuss the most appropriate course for your needs.
Please note: the price is inclusive of VAT @20%; a VAT receipt can be supplied on request.
Not sure if this is the right level for you? Click here to view the Course Specification including sample exam questions.
• Wine Tasting: Taste, describe and analyse wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
• Labelling: Learn how to decode and understand labels
• Wine Production: Learn about the production factors influencing the style, quality and price of wine from vineyard to bottling
• Light Wines: Learn about the styles of wines produced in the key wine regions and districts of the world: France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Germany, Greece, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, North and South America, England and Hungary
• Sparkling Wines: Learn about the methods of production and the main styles of sparkling wines from the key wine producing countries: France, Spain, Italy, Germany, New World - Australia, California, New Zealand, South Africa
• Fortified Wines: Learn about the methods of production/main styles of fortified wines from the key wine countries: Spain, Portugal, France, Australia
• Number of Wines Tasted: 70-80 wines will be tasted as part of the course
• Study Materials for Students: you will receive a Level 3 course study pack, consisting of the course book, study guide and SAT tasting card
• Mock Exam Session: fully graded and with individual feedback to help you prepare for the final exam
• Duration of course: 5 Full days Tuition & tasting - 10am to 5pm PLUS an additional exam day - 10.30am to 2 pm
• Recommended Private Study: 56 hours additional private study is recommended for this course. It is strongly recommended that the majority of the private study is done weekly in preparation for the tutored study session
• Examination: The Level 3 examination comprises of two parts: Part one will be a blind tasting of two wines. Part two will be a combined theory paper consisting of a 50 question multiple-choice section and a short written answer section (four questions at 25 marks each). A mark of 55% is required in each section to pass
• Certification: All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin
Course Tutors: Michael Palij MW and Nick Gay DiplWSET
With Michael Palij MW and Nick Gay DiplWSET as your tutors, this in-depth and intensive course is the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 3 Award in Wines and
Places remaining: 12
Date/Time: 8th Sep 2019 at 10am - 5pm
Venue: Wig & Pen, 9-13 George Street, Oxford OX1 2AU