Wine Tasting Oxford & Cheltenham at Oxford Chelt Wine School
A very warm welcome from Oxford Chelt Wine School. We are a local independent wine education company running fun and informal Wine Tastings and Wine Courses in Oxford and Cheltenham.
Our tastings are open to everyone and anyone; no previous wine tasting experience is necessary and we focus on enjoying wine and learning about it without any pretentious wine-speek!
All events take place in easy-to-reach, central locations such as St Peter's College, Oxford (pictured right). We are also happy to travel to other locations in Oxon and Glos for wine tastings for all types of groups: for companies, clubs or private parties (eg birthday, hen do, anniversary, etc)
What makes us different?
- We’re independent, meaning we are not tied to any wine supplier, letting us pick the best & best value wines from local merchants and national online suppliers
- we offer single evenings or structured courses if you want to learn more; for example, join us on our next World of Wine course, 8 evenings over 8 weeks course, an in-depth tour over five continents, tasting more than 50 wines along the way! *NEXT 8 Week Course starts 10th May (Oxford)*. We also offer 4 week courses, such as the European Tour, starting 10th May in Oxford or New World Wines starting 7th June in Oxford). If you can't make an evening, come along later in the year! Amazing value at under £22 per evening (compared with at least £25 if coming for one evening). To quote a client on a recent World of Wine...
- Our tastings take place in central locations with style, such as St Peter's College in Oxford; and in Cheltenham, the Wyastone Townhouse and Hotel du Vin.
- WSET Level 1 and 2 courses NOW available: we offer daytime Level 1 and Level 2 courses and also evening Level 2 courses (next available daytime course Monday 13th June and 2 following Mondays)
Our top picks
- Saturday Gift Experience for TWO - £169 (Includes FREE bottle of wine and wine book) Oxford & Cheltenham
- Saturday Introduction to wine, lunch & Champagne, £80 - Saturday, 9th July 11am - 4pm, Hotel du Vin, Cheltenham
- Saturday Introduction to wine, lunch & champagne, £80 – Saturday, 28th May 11am – 4pm, St Peter's College, Oxford
- Evening Gift Experience for TWO -£60 (Includes FREE bottle of wine) Oxford & Cheltenham
To see all the Wine Tastings and Wine Courses we are running over the next few months - just click here.
We also run fabulous courses at other locations across the UK - click here to learn more...
Keep up-to-date with our latest Wine Tasting events by signing up for our monthly newsletterjust click here.
Venues and Times
Oxford Chelt Wine School uses venues in the heart of both Oxford and Cheltenham, all easy to reach (we can also offer tastings in central Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire in other private venues as well as at your own home!).
All evening tastings start at 7pm and end at 9pm; Saturday tastings start at 11am and end at ca. 4pm.
In Oxford, all tastings and courses use St Peter's College, New Inn Hall St., round the corner from Carfax and a short walk from both the train station and the main central bus station ...for full details, please see our Venues page.
In Cheltenham, we have 2 main venues:
- evening tastings take place in the elegant Dining Room of the Wyastone Townhouse, Parabola Road in the fashionable Montpellier district ...more details on our Venues page
- Saturday courses with lunch make use of the luxurious Hotel du Vin, also on Parabola Road, Cheltenham GL50 3AQ (at the Ladies' College end of the road). The day includes a glass of Champagne on arrival, a wine tasting tutorial on 12 specially-chosen wines and a fantastic buffet lunch prepared by Hotel du Vin's excellent chefs. Venues page.
Not sure which course to select? Feel free to call Nick on 01865 238042 or 07858 220119; we'd be delighted to guide you through the courses and help you make the right selection.
Or send us a note via the Contact Us page.
WINE TASTING FOR EVERYONE IN CHELTENHAM, OXFORD & THE COTSWOLDS!
Other Wine Schools
We are proud to be part of the Local Wine School network - the only UK-wide network of independent wine schools. All our centres offer fun wine tastings and courses to suit everyone from absolute beginner to the serious enthusiast.
All our tastings can also be purchased as great gifts that can be redeemed at any of our wine schools across the UK. All our Gift Vouchers have FREE DELIVERY & NO EXPIRY DATE. Check out our National website for further details - www.localwineschool.com
- Wine Tasting London-West & Wine Courses London-West
- Wine Tasting London-East & Wine Courses London-East
- Wine Tasting London-South & Wine Courses London-South
- Wine Tasting London-North & Wine Courses London-North
- Wine Tasting Edinburgh & Wine Courses Edinburgh
- Wine Tasting Glasgow & Wine Courses Glasgow
- Wine Tasting Manchester & Wine Courses Manchester
- Wine Tasting Liverpool/Chester & Wine Courses Liverpool/Chester
- Wine Tasting Birmingham & Wine Courses Birmingham
- Wine Tasting Leeds/York & Wine Courses Leeds/York
- Wine Tasting Bristol/Bath & Wine Courses Bristol/Bath
- Wine Tasting Newcastle upon Tyne & Wine Courses Newcastle upon Tyne
- Wine Tasting Nottingham & Derby & Wine Courses Nottingham & Derby
- Wine Tasting Brighton/Tun Wells & Wine Courses Brighton/Tun Wells
- Wine Tasting Cambridge & Wine Courses Cambridge
- Wine Tasting Essex & Wine Courses Essex
- Wine Tasting Oxford/Cheltenham & Wine Courses Oxford/Cheltenham
- Wine Tasting Hertfordshire & Wine Courses Hertfordshire
- Wine Tasting Reading/Windsor/Berkshire & Wine Courses Reading/Berks
- Wine Tasting Lancashire & Wine Courses Lancashire
- Wine Tasting Milton Keynes & Wine Courses Milton Keynes
- Wine Tasting Hampshire - Wine Courses Southampton/Winchester
- Wine Tasting Surrey - Wine Courses & Wine Tastings in Guildford
- Wine Tasting CANADA - coming soon!