Wine Tasting in Oxford & Cheltenham
We are an independent wine education company running fun and informal Wine Tastings and Wine Courses in Oxford and Cheltenham - no previous experience required:
- taste and learn in a relaxed setting
- improve your knowledge and broaden your horizons
- boost your confidence buying wine
Use the menu to look at our evening tastings in Oxford and Cheltenham; for a weekend event, join a Saturday Wine Tasting day (incl. lunch & Champagne) - at The Anchor in Oxford and at Hotel du Vin in Cheltenham.
FOR Private Groups: we are happy to travel to other locations in Oxon and Glos for wine tastings for all types of groups: for companies or private parties (eg birthday, hen do, stag parties, anniversary, etc)
What makes us different?
- We’re independent, meaning we are not tied to any wine supplier, letting us pick the best & best value wines from local merchants and national online suppliers
- We offer single evenings or structured courses if you want to learn more; for example, join us on our next World of Wine course, 8 evenings over 8 weeks course, an in-depth tour over five continents, tasting more than 50 wines along the way! NEXT 8 Week Course Cheltenham starts Thursday 17th January & Oxford starts Tuesday 26th Feburary. To quote a client on a recent World of Wine...
- NEXT 4 Week Beginners Course in Oxford starts on Tuesday 22nd January
- We are an Approved Programme Provider for the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET), offering daytime Level 1 courses in Oxford; Level 2 courses in both Oxford and Cheltenham; and Level 3 courses in Oxford
To see all the Wine Tastings and Wine Courses we are running over the next few months - just click here.
We also run fabulous courses at other locations across the UK - click here to learn more...
Keep up-to-date with our latest Wine Tasting events by signing up for our monthly newsletter just click here.
Venues and Times
Oxford Chelt Wine School uses venues in the heart of both Oxford and Cheltenham, all easy to reach (we can also offer tastings in central Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire in other private venues as well as at your own home!).
All evening tastings start at 7pm and end at 9pm; Saturday tastings start at 11am and end at ca. 4pm.
In Oxford, evening tastings take place at The Oxford English Centre, about a 10 min bus ride from Oxford City Centre (diagonally opposite Gee's Restaurant): For full details, please see our Venues page.
Our Saturday Tasting Days take place at The Anchor Inn, again about a 10 min bus ride from Oxford City Centre.
In Cheltenham, we have two venues:
Evening tastings take place in the elegant Dining Room of the Wyastone Townhouse, Parabola Road in the fashionable Montpellier district ...
Saturday tasting days take place at Hotel du Vin, Parabola Road
more details on our Venues page
Not sure which course to select? Feel free to call Nick on 01865 238042 or 07858 220119; we'd be delighted to guide you through the courses and help you make the right selection.
Or send us a note via the Contact Us page.
WINE TASTING FOR EVERYONE IN CHELTENHAM, OXFORD & THE COTSWOLDS!
Other Wine Schools
We are proud to be part of the Local Wine School network - the only UK-wide network of independent wine schools. All our centres offer fun wine tastings and courses to suit everyone from absolute beginner to the serious enthusiast.
All our tastings can also be purchased as great gifts that can be redeemed at any of our wine schools across the UK. All our Gift Vouchers have FREE DELIVERY and are VALID for 2 YEARS. Check out our National website for further details - www.localwineschool.com
- Wine Tasting London-West & Wine Courses London-West
- Wine Tasting London-East & Wine Courses London-East
- Wine Tasting London-South & Wine Courses London-South
- Wine Tasting London-North & Wine Courses London-North
- Wine Tasting Edinburgh & Wine Courses Edinburgh
- Wine Tasting Glasgow & Wine Courses Glasgow
- Wine Tasting Manchester & Wine Courses Manchester
- Wine Tasting Liverpool/Chester & Wine Courses Liverpool/Chester
- Wine Tasting Birmingham & Wine Courses Birmingham
- Wine Tasting Leeds/York & Wine Courses Leeds/York
- Wine Tasting Bristol/Bath & Wine Courses Bristol/Bath
- Wine Tasting Newcastle upon Tyne & Wine Courses Newcastle upon Tyne
- Wine Tasting Nottingham & Derby & Wine Courses Nottingham & Derby
- Wine Tasting Brighton/Sussex & Wine Courses Brighton/Sussex
- Wine Tasting Kent/Tunbridge Wells & Wine Courses Kent/Tunbridge Wells
- Wine Tasting Cambridge & Wine Courses Cambridge
- Wine Tasting Norwich & Norfolk & Wine Courses Norwich & Norfolk
- Wine Tasting Essex & Wine Courses Essex
- Wine Tasting Oxford/Cheltenham & Wine Courses Oxford/Cheltenham
- Wine Tasting Shropshire & Wine Courses Shropshire
- Wine Tasting Hertfordshire & Wine Courses Hertfordshire
- Wine Tasting Reading/Windsor/Berkshire & Wine Courses Reading/Berks
- Wine Tasting Lancashire & Wine Courses Lancashire
- Wine Tasting Milton Keynes & Wine Courses Milton Keynes
- Wine Tasting Hampshire - Wine Courses Southampton/Winchester
- Wine Tasting Surrey - Wine Courses & Wine Tastings in Guildford
- Wine Tasting Belfast/N Ireland & Wine Courses Belfast/N Ireland